The main objective of this plugin is to create a folder that you can simply copy to pentaho-solutions directory inside Pentaho Installation folder to deploy your plugin.
Following things will happen to achieve this:
- a plugin folder will be created in the build folder of your project
- inside this folder two folders will be created:
- one called dependencies – with all dependencies of your plugin
- one called the same way as your gradle project – all files related to your plugin will be stored here (let’s call this folder: PLUGIN_FOLDER)
- all files from folder: plugin-config inside your project will be copied into PLUGIN_FOLDER
- the jar archive will be created with the code of your plugin
- this jar will be copied to PLUGIN_FOLDER/lib
- all dependencies marked as plugin in your build.gradle will be copied to PLUGIN_FOLDER/lib.
How do I start?
Pentaho-Plugin-Builder is part of https://plugins.gradle.org/ , that means that you can use it:
- either by adding following to your build.gradle (for Gradle >= 2.1):
id "cern.ais.datawarehouse.pentahopluginbuilder" version "1.5"
- or by adding:
apply plugin: "cern.ais.datawarehouse.pentahopluginbuilder"
In order for the plugin to work, you need to create a plugin-config directory inside the root folder of your project.
To build plugin run buildPentahoPlugin task:
As a result inside build/plugin directory a folder with the same name as your project’s name will be created. Copy this folder into pentaho-solutions directory inside your Pentaho Platform installation. Restart Pentaho Platform and enjoy your new plugin!
Where do I put plugin.xml and plugin.spring.xml files?
Put these files inside plugin-config folder. All files from this directory will be copied to your plugin’s root directory.
How to copy a project’s dependency to plugin’s lib folder?
Mark this dependency as plugin. The plugin dependency will be handled by gradle the same way as a compile one. Additionally it will be added to plugin’s lib folder.
Let me know how do you feel about this plugin or share your opinion if you reckon it could be improved. Do it either here or on its github page: Pentaho-Plugin-Builder.